Tuesday, April 19, 2011

The beginning

Well I survived the first day and the procedure. I was very impressed with the treatment by my doctor as well as the staff at the hospital. Dr. C said that he is my coach and I am expected to listen to him and he will listen to me. I met the coordinator of the weight loss surgery program. She was very nice. She gave me a folder with information on what to expect and when the support program meets. I also met with the nutritionist she was equally as nice. We talked about how addictive food is and that many patients do not understand that they are addicted to food. I would have to agree with her I have had a very hard time not eating since yesterday The call of food has been screaming at me… EAT EAT EAT!!!!!!! I was somewhat blindsided with the news that I have to be on a liquid diet and then soft diet and how tight the Dr. C put the band. I really want to be healthy and successful with my weight loss…but not sure the addict in me is!!!
My bmi is 45.5 which put me at a high risk for many illnesses. My first goal is to get this down to 40 which will mean losing 42 pounds. I got a good start as I lost 6 pounds since yesterday. My long term goal is to loss 107 lbs. My plan is to have it off my next May. I will be graduating from College and looking for a job so want to look nice in a cap and gown and to go to job interviews. I had a hard time going to sleep last night because I felt so hungry, not sure if it was real hunger or head hunger but went to sleep abound 2am and got up at 10 am. I was surprised that my blood sugar was so high today it was 156. I am hoping that my blood pressure will go down soon. I plan to have Richard take it tonight. I really need to lower the stress in my life as I am afraid that I am going to have a stroke or heart attack. Well till next time. Have a healthy day!!

1 comment:

  1. You can do anything you put your mind to! As far as the stress goes, Something I have heard recently and I agree with is that life will always have stress, people will always let you down. That is not what matters, what does is how you react to it. You can choose if you let go, and let God have your stress, or if you let it get to you and make your blood pressure go up. Life will never be with out problems or stress as long as we are here on earth.

    ReplyDelete